SILC, Sojo University:
Sojo University English Language Teaching and Learning Forum (Listening), Co-sponsored by NanKyu JALT
Date: Monday, February 2nd, 2015 Time: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Featured speakers: Gabriela Schmidt (Tsukuba University, Ibaraki) and William Pellowe (Kinki University, Fukuoka Campus)
As author and activist Jeanette Winterson once noted, "language begins with listening". With advances in technology and the now almost ubiquitous use of handheld computing devices such as smartphones and tablets, the options for teaching listening have increased significantly. This forum provides a space for sharing ideas on how to approach listening given the myriad of resources now available. Please see the schedule for details.
The event will include an optional networking dinner and Kumamoto City tour.
The deadline for submission to the SUTLF2015 Conference Proceedings is July 10th, 2015.
Organization: Sojo International Learning Centre (SILC), Sojo University (SILC, Sojo University)
Cost: SILC, Sojo University Members: Early-bird fee: 500 yen (Cost covers a bento lunch)
Non-members: Early-bird fee: 1000 yen (Cost covers a bento lunch)
Venue: Sojo University, 10 minutes drive from central Kumamoto City (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact SILC, Sojo University
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by: