Being Hired at National University Corporations
Date: Sunday, September 28th, 2014 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Martin E. Pauly
Hiring of faculty is carried out in different ways throughout Japan at national university corporations (formerly national universities). And this varies even within individual institutions. The presenter will focus on 2 such institutions, relating his experience as a part timer at one and a Gaikokujin Kyouin at another. As his field of view is quite narrow (i.e., until 2 years ago, zero experience in private institutions) the presenter will offer the workshop section as a time for participants to compare and contrast points of the talk with their own experience.
Organization: Iwate Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Iwate JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: Free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for full-time students)
Venue: Aiina, Room 602 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Iwate JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 019-662-8816
Phone (work): 019-663-3132
Email QR Code: