(1) Stop Motion: Start Learning; (2) Saitama JALT Annual General Meeting
Date: Sunday, October 12th, 2014 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Marnie Mayse (Meikai University), Patrizia Hayashi (Meikai University)
The presenters demonstrate how digital storytelling through stop motion animation can lead to various learning outcomes; oral presentations, writing tasks and collaborative learning. The presenters illustrate how these cooperative projects can be used to foster not only student autonomy but also help motivate students by embracing a number of different learning styles. The participants can learn about the process and see results from these stop motion projects in university writing and integrated courses.
After the presentation our AGM will be held. The election of officers for our executive board will be held and we will start planning for the upcoming year. It's a great chance to come out and get involved. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Organization: Saitama Chapter (formerly known as Omiya Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: South Pier 8th Floor, Musashi Urawa Community Center (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: