(1) Focus on Canada; (2) Cognitive Load and the COmpetent Teacher
Date: Saturday, October 18th, 2014 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: (1)David Townsend; (2) Jason Lowes
Focus on Canada by David Townsend
This presentation will detail a course designed to tap into the students' collective knowledge of their own country while at the same time presenting the parallel information of a common travel destination, Canada.
Cognitive Load and the Competent Teacher: Considerations and Strategies by Jason Lowes
Following an explication of cognitive load, we will examine natural changes in cognitive load. These changes influence teaching practice. We will conclude with some concrete practices that teachers can carry into their next class.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: