Teacher Employment Issues
Date: Sunday, December 14th, 2014 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Richard Miller (Kobe Gakuin University), Michael Parrish (Kwansei Gakuin University)
This presentation will begin with an overview of the job market for language professionals in Japan, and the current trends for the job market. Results from surveys and questionnaires that the presenter has obtained through his role as the Job Information Centre (JIC) editor will be given. A brief overview of what an academic CV is will be given, then the presentation will then go into areas that educators may want to focus on to improve their CV. This includes what the presenter refers to as "the balanced scorecard" and how audience participants can look for weaknesses in their own career marketability. At the presentation, copies of past published articles will be distributed as well as other worksheets.
Organization: Kyoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kyoto JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen for one-day members
Venue: Campus Plaza Kyoto - 5 minutes from JR Kyoto Station, across from Bic Camera (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kyoto JALT
Email QR Code: