English Unplugged: Generating energy in the classroom
Date: Sunday, January 18th, 2015 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Paul Durant (InterSchool, Linguage)
Students are curious about each other, but lack confidence to explore this curiosity in English. Dogme ELT, a strategy by Scott Thornbury, taps students' desire to communicate as a teaching tool. It discourages materials and technology in favor of student-driven topics. We'll consider ways to foster Dogme in the classroom.
Organization: ETJ Aichi (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Aichi)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center(NIC)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Aichi
Email QR Code: