Tailoring Digital Music Material for the EFL Classroom
Date: Saturday, January 17th, 2015 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Steve Quasha (Sugiyama Jogakuen University)
One major challenge for teachers using music in EFL classes is choosing appropriate material to both stimulate student interest while serving as a worthwhile linguistic activity. In this workshop, the presenter will introduce a four skills approach utilizing a smartphone app that helps make music more comprehensible. Additionally, participants will learn about extension activities for songs that support cooperative learning.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen, first time free
Venue: Gifu JR Station, Juroku Plaza
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: