Date: Saturday, January 24th, 2015 Time: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
'MyShare' events feature short presentations from a variety of teachers on a variety of topics. Come along and get some ideas to take into classes in 2015. Presentations will include:
- Kate Parkinson
Facilitating student presentations to replace tests in Speaking Skills classes Kate will outline a semester's lesson schedule that allows students to give both poster and speech presentations in class, in lieu of traditional mid-term and end-of-term tests. She will show how the guidelines are presented to students and how the presentations are assessed.
- Aaron Hahn
A Game of Judgment Aaron will demonstrate a game he uses in his courses. He currently uses it for teaching comparatives, but he will show how the game's flexible nature allows it to be used for a variety of teaching objectives.
- Robert Cochrane
Google Forms: An easy online way to do surveys, quizzes and assessments Google Forms are a free and relatively easy way to take your classes into the 21st century. This presentation will introduce how Google Forms can take research and assessment online and paperless with surveys and self marking quizzes and assignments. Free yourself from making prints and put the responsibility of completing assignments in the students' hands (or their phones, tablets or computers).
- Scott Smith
Use of Google Drive for Formative Assessment
- Adam Stone
Attendance / progress / point cards
After-meeting social event:
Time: 19 : 30 ~
Place: Khajana Indian Restaurant
2-1-15, Takatori, Sawara-ward, Fukuoka city
Cost: 3000 yen for all-we-can-drink (beer, wine and soft drinks) and a set meal.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seinan Community Center, 2F meeting room, Nishijin, Fukuoka City (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: