Gamification and Language Learning
Date: Saturday, March 28th, 2015 Time: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Speaker: Markus Yong (Kyushu Sangyou University)
The presentation will describe what exactly a game is and why they are fun. In particular there will be a look at self determination theory and motivation. There will also be a discussion on game design and how this can be applied to any activity through the process of gamification. In the final part, Mark Yong will show how he applied gamification to a university level TEFL classroom, and discuss his preliminary results.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Fukuoka Building, 9th Floor, Tenjin, Fukuoka City (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: