Games and Language Learning
Date: Sunday, March 1st, 2015 Time: 1:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Atticus Sims
This presentation will address the role of games and language learning, and will explore some of the principles behind games that will enable teachers to better utilize and even create games for use in their classrooms. Topics will include:
- Why games make effective educational tools
- Principles of game design for language learning
- How to include game-like systems and routines in the classroom for motivation and classroom management
- The potential of language learning games utilizing digital media
Organization: ETJ Kyoto (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Kyoto)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kyoto Prefecture International Center, Kyoto Station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Kyoto
Email QR Code: