Re-writing Classic Foreign Literature As Graded Readers
Date: Saturday, April 18th, 2015 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Alastair Lamond
The presentation will focus on the mechanics and retelling process of writing a graded reader at a low level as well as look at the socio-cultural benefits of low-level graded reader versions of non-Western classic literature. The presenter will share how he approached the project to ensure a connection with a modern audience. Participants are asked to bring ideas for classic foreign literature that would be popular as graded readers in English.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (first time free)
Venue: JR Gifu Station Heartful Square 2F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 058-246-3744
Phone (work): 052-781-4734