Ideas and Inspiration for Raising Bilingual Kids
Date: Sunday, April 19th, 2015 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Adam Beck (Bilingual Monkeys)
Adam Beck, founder of the popular blog “Bilingual Monkeys” and forum “The Bilingual Zoo” offers ideas and inspiration for raising bilingual children in Japan. Adam, a longtime member of JALT’s Bilingualism SIG and editor of the group’s monograph “The ABCs of Bilingualism,” has been a teacher of bilingual children for many years in Hiroshima, first at Hiroshima International School and currently as a private tutor. He has two bilingual children, a daughter, 10, and a son, 7, who attend a local elementary school in Hiroshima.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1-Day members: 500 yen; Students: 200 yen
Venue: Hiroshima Peace Park, 3F Conference Room (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: