The (Intercultural) Language Classroom
Date: Saturday, June 27th, 2015 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Rob Fritz (Nagasaki University)
This presentation will bring research from intercultural education and cultural psychology to show how objectives outlined by MEXT can be achieved. The first part of this presentation will introduce key ideas from the fields of intercultural education and cultural psychology to create an intercultural classroom. In the second part, the focus will be on how to apply the theories and ideas introduced to produce an effective syllabus and appropriate classroom approaches.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen, free for students or first-time JET Programme participants
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 2-11 Dejimamachi, Nagasaki
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: