A Little Bit of Type Goes A Long Way
Date: Friday, May 8th, 2015 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Designer Ian Lynam
Designer, writer and educator Ian Lynam will give a combination lecture and workshop about how typography can help activate writing projects. By thinking about visual hierarchy, semiotics, and style, writers and illustrators can help give their work visual sophistication and clarity. Topical touchstones will include comics/manga, a bit of history, a ton of personal experience, and a fair chunk of humor. The workshop will include some hands-on typesetting, but without the computer! All you'll need is a pencil and the desire to push your work into the creative stratosphere!
Organization: The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) Japan (SCBWI)
Cost: SCBWI Members: 1,000 yen
Non-members: 1,500 yen
Venue: Tokyo Women's Plaza, Conference Room 1B 5-53-67 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo (by the United Nations University).
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 0467-31-6908