Card Games and Vocabulary Building
Date: Saturday, May 9th, 2015 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Adam Stone
The aim of this presentation is to introduce a computer program that produces a modifiable card game that can be used in some English classes as a vocabulary builder and to strengthen lexical recognition. Research and analysis of the efficacy of this vocabulary game, and any future directions of this project will be discussed. Afterwards, there will be an opportunity to try the game, to ask questions and to give feedback on it.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Wel Tobata, Room 82, Tobata (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: