The Innovation Adoption Lifecycle and Teaching Practice
Date: Saturday, June 13th, 2015 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Michael Phillips
Using Bell's Technology (or Innovation) Adoption Lifecycle theory, this presentation will be allow attedees to reflect on elements of their current teaching situations and practices, based on an understanding that the model "describes the adoption or acceptance of a new product or innovation, according to the demographic and psychological characteristics of defined user categories." Using a workshop style format, attendees will self-identify personal or institutional stages of acceptance and adoption of various teaching methods and approaches, and consider the efficacy and perceived costs/benefits of such approaches.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Wel Tobata Room 82, Tobata (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: