The Conceptualization of Balanced and Multifaceted Vocabulary Learning Systems: Teaching Vocabulary of English to Adult Learners
Date: Saturday, May 16th, 2015 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Louis Lafleur; Yumi Kitajima
The main goal of this presentation is to demonstrate a new prototype of Spaced Repetition Software (SRS) titled "Indirect Spaced Repetition Software" customized specifically to help Japanese Junior high school students acquire the content of their English textbook more effectively. The software, still in its developmental stages, was tested by volunteers and their responses were analyzed to assess the software’s overall benefit. This presentation discusses her research and experiment on vocabulary teaching to adult learners in the form of deliberate learning, such as using dictionaries, testing, knowledge of morphology.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University, Logos Hall Room 7-2
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: