(1) Phonological Memory and Listening Comprehension: An Exploration into the Students' Insights about Extensive Reading; (2) The Effective Use of a Checklist on Silent Reading in the EFL Reading Class
Date: Saturday, June 13th, 2015 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Junichiro Takeno; (2) Kyoko Sunami-Burden
This presentation focuses on the role of phonological memory in listening comprehension of Japanese learners of English. It can be said that phonological short-term memory, specifically the capacity of the phonological loop of working memory, is largely affected by the learnerís rehearsal speed. It concludes that practice in repeating English input quickly and accurately should be given in English instruction. Two presentations based on ongoing action research projects at a Junior College where she aims to make learners more receptive to reading while raising their text comprehension by habitualizing reading strategies.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University, Logos Hall, Room 7-2
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: