Covering Your Bets: The Reading/High-Frequency Vocabulary Connection
Date: Saturday, July 11th, 2015 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Charles Browne
Our meeting on Saturday, July 11th is a presentation co-sponsored by Okayama JALT and Okayama University's Language Education Center (LEC). We appreciate LEC's continued support. Charles Browne will give a presentation. The presentation will review and discuss some of the literature on the importance of high frequency vocabulary in helping to improve reading comprehension, the way extensive reading and intensive vocabulary study are complementary and symbiotic learning activities and then introduce several free word lists, online tools and websites that the presenter has developed in order to help students and teachers to work towards improvement in these two very important areas of second language acquisition. After the presentation will be the Okayama JALT annual beer garden party. Before the presentation, there will be a self-access learning event sponsored by LEC and JASAL. For more details, please see the Okayama JALT upcoming events page.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Venue: Okayama University, Tsushima Campus, General Education Building A36
Location: Okayama City, Okayama Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: