Creativity in EFL Activities, Games, and Songs
Date: Saturday, June 27th, 2015 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: ETJ Fukuoka Committee
Leading figures in education, such as Sir Ken Robinson, argue that creativity is an essential skill. Let's think about creativity in terms of the English classroom. How can language learning develop creativity?
Workshop/Discussion: Creativity in Language Learning
- About creativity: What is it? Is it really a skill? Can it be developed?
- Share ideas and examples you have for enhancing the creative aspects of games, activities, and songs for students (and teachers)
- What teaching approaches increase opportunities for students to be creative?
- Factors: Free play, collaboration, autonomy, evaluation, mistakes, connections, confusion, imagination, challeging assumptions, and students of mixed ages and levels
Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the meeting! It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community.
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (membership is free at the door)
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin Community Center (East Campus) (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: