(1) L2 Possible Selves of Japanese University Students; (2) Applying the ARCS Model of Motivational Design
Date: Sunday, July 19th, 2015 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: (1) Sarah Faherty (Sojo University); (2) Roderick Lange (Ehime University)
(1) L2 Possible Selves of Japanese University Students
Sarah Faherty (Sojo University)
This presentation will discuss the extent to which 6 non-English major students have clear L2 Possible Selves. First, the terms will be defined and the current research in this field summarized. Several learner archetypes will then be identified and the implications for future teaching will also be discussed.
(2) Applying the ARCS Model of Motivational Design
Roderick Lange (Ehime University)
This session will be a mini-workshop on identifying factors that help or hurt motivation from the perspective of Attention, Relevance, Confidence, Satisfaction (ARCS), and volition. After a short overview, a hypothetical learning situation will be presented for participants to work on in small groups. Finally, groups will share their findings.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Ehime University, Aidai Muse M215 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211