JACET ESP SIG Kanto:
Designing A Project-based ESP Curriculum in Japan
Date: Saturday, July 18th, 2015 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Paul Daniels (Kochi University of Technology)
This presentation will offer suggestions on implementing a successful project-based curriculum for language learners in ESP (English for Specific Purposes) settings with a focus on increasing learner engagement. Daniels will illustrate a number of simple hands-on projects which promote collaborative responsibility, integrate active and passive learning tasks, and make use of classroom time effectively. The structured projects draw upon the vocabulary and grammar from the course textbook and include scaffolding strategies that facilitate group tasks.
Organization: JACET English for Specific Purposes SIG (Japan Association of College English Teachers) Kanto (JACET ESP SIG Kanto)
Venue: University of Electro-Communications (UEC Tokyo), Building East 1, Room 705
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact JACET ESP SIG Kanto
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: