SCBWI Japan Creative Exchange
Date: Saturday, September 26th, 2015 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: A Creative Exchange
RSVP: To reserve a critique slot, email japan (at) scbwi.org by Monday, September 21. This event will be in English for writers and translators; English and Japanese for illustrators.
Join us for an SCBWI Japan Creative Exchange! Sign up in advance to bring your work-in-progress to share with the group for constructive feedback. Open to published and pre-published writers, illustrators, and translators of children's and young adult literature. SCBWI members will have priority for the critique slots.
What to prepare for the Creative Exchange:
- For MG and YA Fiction: send up to 2,000 words of a story or chapter, per instructions received after making your reservation.
- For Picture Books Illustrators: bring 5-10 copies of a dummy or story board.
- Writers: send a picture book manuscript (recommended no more than 600 words) per instructions received afer making your reservation.
- For Translations (Japanese to English picture book, MG or YA) Send up to 2,000 words of a story or chapter, per instructions received after making your reservation.
Attendees without manuscripts, dummies or storyboards are welcome to participate.
Organization: The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) Japan (SCBWI)
Cost: SCBWI Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 800 yen
Venue: Tokyo Womens Plaza, Conference Room 1B, 5-53-67 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku (by the United Nations University)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 0467-31-6908