Humanizing EFL classrooms: Poetry writing as meaningful literacy practice in the Japanese EFL context
Date: Sunday, October 18th, 2015 Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Atsushi Iida
The aim of this presentation is to explore how poetry writing can humanize the EFL classroom. In this presentation, the presenter- a teacher and researcher of second language (L2) writing- will first problematize traditional L2 pedagogy and then discuss how to make the EFL classroom dynamic and humanistic from theoretical viewpoints. The presenter will also share his teaching practice, poetry writing as a form of meaningful literacy practice, in the Japanese EFL classroom. This presentation helps to expand our knowledge on the usage of literature (or literary genres) in L2 education.
Organization: Niigata Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Niigata JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Tokimeito Meeting venue (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Niigata JALT
Email QR Code: