CUE SIG of JALT:
JALT CUE SIG Conference
Date: Saturday, September 24th, 2016 Time: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Makoto Ikeda, Laurence Anthony.
The College and University Educator's Special Interest Group's 2016 Conference will be held September 24 at Kinki University in Osaka. The conference title is Are you conTENT with teaching CONtent? Embracing Alternative Methodologies in the Modern Language Classroom.
Today a variety of methods have become common to classrooms around Japan and the world. Whether classes involve the use of CLT, CBT, CLIL, ESP, or other methods, each brings with it a different set of challenges and rewards for teachers and students. This conference will encourage participants to explore different teaching methods, exchange thoughts and experiences regarding the use of the different methods, and explore suggestions for how to implement the different methods in a variety of classroom situations. Reports on research related to the various methods to deliver content course material will also be encouraged.
- Perspectives on communicative or content-based English instruction in Japan
- Innovative approaches to CLT, CLIL, CBT, and ESP
- Building support for CLIL or CBT within the university
- The role of ESP in content-based instruction
The call for papers is due June 19; please see the conference website for details.
Organization: College and University Educators Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching (CUE SIG of JALT)
Venue: Kinki University 3-4-1 Kowakae, Higashiosaka City, Osaka 577-8502
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact CUE SIG of JALT
Email QR Code: