Temple University Japan:
TUJ Tokyo Distinguished Lecturer Series: English for Specific Purposes
Date: Saturday, October 24th, 2015 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Jean Parkinson (Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand)
English for Specific Purposes (ESP) is an approach to language teaching in which the learners' content specialty is foregrounded in teaching. ESP is particularly employed in teaching students at tertiary level who are studying through the medium of English as their second language. Because English is widely used as an international language, is it also important for those engaged in business internationally, as well as for those who need to read and write texts in English, attend meetings and conferences, or collaborate with groups who don't share their first language.
The Temple University Distinguished Lecturer Series brings internationally-recognized TESOL scholars to TUJ for intensive weekend seminars. Each seminar can be taken for elective credit for the master's and doctoral degrees. The first three hours of each Saturday session are free and open to the public. Weekend seminars are free for M.S.Ed. and Ed.D. alumni of Temple University, Japan Campus; the fee for other weekend auditors is 13,000 yen. Please see the TUJ Distinguished Lecturer Series for full details.
Organization: Temple University Japan
Cost: free for the first 3 hours
Venue: Temple University Japan, Tokyo map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Temple University Japan
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-5441-9800