Pinning Down the Butterfly: Assessing Creativity
Date: Saturday, November 14th, 2015 Time: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Jane Spiro
Dr Jane Spiro, a Featured Speaker this year's International JALT Conference in Shizuoka, has agreed to do a special presentation in Tottori about assessing creativity. She will be in Japan for only two weeks and so this is an extra special opportunity to meet this world renowned lecturer from Oxford Brookes University in the UK. Dr Spiro will be discussing creative writing, in particular: can "creativity" be assessed and can assessment be "creative." She will show examples of students' work, then share ways of assessing the writing so that the assessment is transparent, objective, and meaningful to learners. She will demonstrate that assessment can be a creative opportunity, and will share examples of what this means in practice for both teachers and learners.
Organization: Tottori Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Tottori JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Tottori University Room C (2F) of the Koho Center
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tottori JALT
Email QR Code: