JACET ESP SIG Kanto:
JACET ESP SIG Kanto (December 2015 Meeting) Classroom practices
Date: Saturday, December 19th, 2015 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Lawrie Hunter, Michael Sharpe, Uma Maheswari Rajagopalan and Shi Jie
Members will present practical teaching ideas for ESP classes.
- 15:00 to 15:25: The invisible structures of technical writing: Pattern recognition for learner executive mode
- 15:30 to 15:55 Promoting L2 reading skill development and technical language structure knowledge through text mapping work
- 15:55 to 16:10 Short Break
- 16:10 to 16:35 Teaching of summary writing to science and technology students of a Japanese university
Uma Maheswari Rajagopalan & Shi Jie
After the meeting, there will be a dinner for those who are interested in joining.
Organization: JACET English for Specific Purposes SIG (Japan Association of College English Teachers) Kanto (JACET ESP SIG Kanto)
Venue: Toyo University, Hakusan Campus, Building 1, 5th floor - Room 1502 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact JACET ESP SIG Kanto
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: