Classroom Management: Difference and Tolerance
Date: Saturday, November 7th, 2015 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: ETJ Fukuoka Committee
We're all different: in appearance, personality, interests, focus, economic status, and so on. There have been recent calls to recognize individual differences in students by such figures in education as Sir Ken Robinson -- in contrast to the move toward standardization. In foreign language teaching, there is also a constant theme of tolerance between peoples and cultures. But what if the student's individuality seems focused on speaking Japanese and disrupting the class? How can we create an environment of tolerance and respect for individuality yet maintain discipline in the classroom and get everyone focused on learning? Topics for thought and discussion (feel free to bring your own, too!):
- How can teachers create an environment of tolerance in the classroom?
- How can we respect individuality yet maintain discipline?
After Party: Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the meeting! It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community.
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (membership is free at the door)
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin Community Center (East Campus) (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: