Oxford University Press:
Oxford Day 2015: Forum on globalization and education
Date: Sunday, November 29th, 2015 Time: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Many speakers
As Japan continues to position itself on the global stage, discussions around English education have expanded and a variety of measures have been introduced to reform the education system. With these changes comes a mix of expectations as well as challenges. Questions arise around what it means to develop a global mindset and foster citizens to participate on a global level. Oxford University Press, which is committed to excellence in research, scholarship and education through its publishing, is hosting a one-day event consisting of presentations and panel discussions by local and international authors and experts to address some of these issues. The topics discussed will explore current issues surrounding the future of English education in Japan.
- Nigel Caplan (University of Delaware)
- Takashi Katsuragi (MEXT)
- Eriko Kawai (Kyoto University)
- Hideaki Kogo (MEXT)
- R. Taggart Murphy (University of Tsukuba)
- Timothy O'Donnell (Ritsumeikan Uji Junior and Senior High School)
- Stephen Ryan (Senshu University)
- Kuniaki Sato (Kyoto University)
- Katherine Thornton (Otemon Gakuin University)
- Hiroyuki Tsukamoto (The Comprehensive Education Center of Shizuoka Prefecture)
- Shu Ueyama (Hitotsubashi University)
- Simon Goddard Weedon (Doshisha International Junior and Senior High School)
More details: oupjapan.co.jp/events/od2015
Organization: Oxford University Press
Cost: 1,000 yen (Students: 500 yen)
Venue: Building #1, Kyoto University Yoshida Minami (South) Campus
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Oxford University Press
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-5444-5454
Mobile phone: 090-7849-5357