Oxford University Press:
A Dialogue with Patsy M. Lightbown and Yuki Yamano: Effective ways to adopt CLIL into your classroom
Date: Sunday, January 24th, 2016 Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Patsy M. Lightbown (Concordia University, Montreal), Yuki Yamano (Utsunomiya University)
Patsy M. Lightbown, Distinguished Professor Emerita of Applied Linguistics at Concordia University, Montreal, and author of Oxford Key Concepts for the Language Classroom: Focus on Content-based Language Teaching and co-author of How Languages are Learned, and Yuki Yamano, lecturer at Utsunomiya University and proactive researcher focusing on English language teaching for children and CLIL, will give a talk on how to adopt CLIL into the classroom effectively, introducing some actual cases and taking into consideration the current situation of education in Japan. This event includes Q&A section. Do not miss this opportunity to meet the experts and get practical ideas on teaching. Pre-register today to reserve your seat.
Recommended for: English teachers of elementary school, junior / senior high school, and researchers who are interested in CLIL in elementary school classes.
Language: The dialogue will be conducted in English.
Organization: Oxford University Press
Venue: Oxford University Press Tokyo Office 3F Sotetsu Tamachi Bldg. 4-17-5 Shiba, Minato-Ku, Tokyo 108-386
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Oxford University Press
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-5444-5454