(1) First Class: First Impressions; (2) Pronunciation Methods and Materials
Date: Sunday, January 17th, 2016 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Chris P. Madden
First Class: First Impressions
We only get one chance to make a first impression, and just like any relationship, what happens in that encounter often shapes the outcome. The presenter will share his no-prep activities and team-building techniques that have helped him positively connect with his students for over a dozen years.
Pronunciation Methods and Materials
Techniques and worksheets will be shared and practiced that help your students chip away at fossilization and have fun at the same time. Teachers will walk away from this session with activities, worksheets, ideas and techniques that they'll want to use on Monday.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Saitama JALT will hold executive board officer elections at the Annual General Meeting on January 17th, 2016. We are also looking for members who are interested participating in officer positions for our annual conference, The Nakasendo English Conference, and for editors of the Saitama Journal of Language Teaching. Please come out and get involved in these professional development opportunities at Saitama JALT.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Rental Space Holly, 1 min from Urawa St. East Exit (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: