The Colloquium on the Current Development in EST Education in Japan
Date: Friday, February 12th, 2016 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Yilin Sun, Yuko Itatsu, Aika Miura, Lawrie Hunter, and Shi Jie, Shin Hashimo, Yu Yan and Uma Maheswari
- 13:00-13:05 Opening by Jie Shi (IGTEE, UEC Tokyo)
- 13:05-14:15 Jilin Sun (South Seattle College), ESP in the 21st Century - An NNES Professional's Perspective (Chair: SHI Jie)
- 14:15-14:20 Break
- 14:20-15:20 Yuko Itatsu (University of Tokyo), Empowering Science Students in a Global Community: The ALESS Initiative at the University of Tokyo (Chair: Reiko Fujita/Tokai University
- 15:20-15:30 Break
- 15:30-16:00 Pedagogical Practices Forum 1: Aika Miura Yamamoto (Tokyo University of Agriculture), Agriculture Corpus and Its Application; Lawrie Hunter (The Center for Professional Communication, formerly Kochi University of Technology), Using information structure mapping to introduce the writing of micro-genres (Chair: Yan Yu/UEC)
- 16:00-16:40 Pedagogical Practices Forum 2: Syllabus Design and Classroom-Based Practices of Undergraduate Technical English at UEC Tokyo, Shi Jie, Shin Hashimoto, Yu Yan and Uma Maheswari (John Cross/UEC Tokyo)
- 16:40-17:00 Panel Discussion/Q&A: Yilin Sun, Yuko Itatsu, Shi Jie (Chair: Atsuko Jeffreys/UEC)
- 17:00-17:05 Closing: Atsuko Jeffreys (UEC)
For abstracts and bios of presenters, please visit the JACET ESP SIG Kanto Chapter site.
Venue: University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Building New C-403 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by: