Learning How to Learn
Date: Saturday, March 12th, 2016 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: ETJ Fukuoka Committee
The long-term goals of an English (EFL) education include being able to communicate effectively and to become independent, active learners. What techniques can you use to help your students? Topics for thought and discussion (feel free to bring your own, too!):
- Developing good habits
- Using goals
- Using communication tools
- Gamification of life
- Letting students struggle
After Party: Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the meeting! It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community.
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (membership is free at the door)
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin Community Center (East Campus) (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: