ETJ East Tokyo:
Teaching TOEFL for University Students
Date: Sunday, April 24th, 2016 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Matthew Willemsen (Juntendo University)
This workshop will share some findings and experiences from teaching for the TOEFL test, as well as offer advice to teachers interested in preparing their students who are considering taking the test.
The ministry of Education has recommended that universities teach TOEFL examination preparation, and most universities are complying with this. There are some significant differences between the various tests, and the TOEFL is among the most difficult to prepare for, as well as to teach. The TOEFL test is difficult in that covers all four skills and encompasses all aspects of life a university student or young teacher will encounter at an American university. Working with students to build proficiency in this range of themes and vocabularyposes significant difficulty for teacher and student alike.
Organization: ETJ East Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ East Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen for on site, 1,000 yen for online participation
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shin-Koiwa Chiku Center, 3rd floor Access: 5 min. walk from JR Shin-Koiwa station Address: 2-17-1 Shin-Koiwa, Katsushika-ku Phone: 03-3653-7141
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ East Tokyo
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 070-6400-6464