Raising Bilingual Children Forum and BBQ
Date: Sunday, May 15th, 2016 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Janina Tubby (Kobe Bilingual School), Jonathan Bunch (Co-ordinator, St. Michael's Saturday School), and Kaoru White (Canadian Academy)
Please join Kobe JALT for our annual Raising Bilingual Children BBQ. This year we will be holding a forum before the BBQ with three speakers: Janina Tubby from Kobe Bilingual School, Jonathan Bunch the co-ordinator of St. Michael's Saturday school, and Kaoru White from Canadian Academy. All of them parents of bilingual children as well as educators. Each of them will make a short presentation about their professional and personal experience educating and raising bilingual children followed by questions and answer session.
The event will be held at the Kobe KRAC just south of Sannomiya station. We have reserved the room across presentation room for childcare during the forum. The forum will be free for members and cost 1000 yen for non-members. The BBQ following the forum will cost 2000 yen for adults and 1000 yen for children. Vegetarian option available by reservation. Please RSVP if you wish to attend the BBQ
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kobe Regatta and Athletic Club (1-20, 2-chome, Hachiman-dori Chuo-ku, Kobe Japan 651-0085 tel: 078-231-2271 fax: 078-221-5702)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: