Kobe JALT Nepal Family and Friends Project and JALT THT SIG Joint Event
Date: Sunday, June 19th, 2016 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Randall Bollig, Catriona Chalmers Takeuchi and Ann Mayeda
Kobe JALT is pleased to welcome Randall Bollig, Catriona Chalmers Takeuchi and Ann Mayeda who will talk to us about their teacher training and extensive reading programs in elementary schools in Nepal as part of the ongoing Nepal Family and Friends Project. We will also be joined by representatives of the JALT Teachers Helping Teachers Special Interest Group. Brent Jones will talk about the Kyrgyzstan project and Steve Cornwell about the Bangladesh project. The presentations will be followed by a charity dinner at Shankar Indian Restaurant to help raise money for the Nepal project. Donations for project appreciated. Charity Dinner June 19th Sunday 5pm to 7pm at Shankar Indian Restaurant near KIH. 3000 for set meal including a donation to the Nepal project.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kobe International House room 806 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: