Ideas and Inspiration for Raising Bilingual Kids
Date: Saturday, June 4th, 2016 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Adam Beck
Adam Beck, author of the book Maximize Your Child's Bilingual Ability and founder of the popular blog Bilingual Monkeys and the lively forum The Bilingual Zoo, shares ideas and inspiration for greater success at raising bilingual children in Japan.
Adam, a longtime members of JALT's Bilingualism SIG and editor of the group's monograph The ABCs of Bilingualism, has been a teacher of bilingual children for many years in Hiroshima, first at Hiroshima International School and currently as a private tutor. He has two bilingual children, a daughter, 11, and a son, 9, who attend a local Japanese elementary school.
Organization: Oita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Oita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Holt Hall, Oita City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Oita JALT
Email QR Code: