June Online Workshop Theme: Picture Books in EFL Classroom
Date: Sunday, June 26th, 2016 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Various facilitated by Yuco Kikuchi
Picture books can play an important role as a resource in EFL settings. Both children and older learners can enjoy the pictures and rhythm of the sentences and put themselves into a different world as soon as the page is opened. In this workshop participants will experience the joy of being read and explore different types of pre and post-reading activities. The participants will also see picture books for teaching basic grammar points, raising cultural awareness, or simply enjoy the message in the story. Participants are encouraged to bring their favorite picture books and share.
Organization: ETJ Chiba (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Chiba)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen for ETJ members
Non-members: 1,000 yen for one-day members and online participants
Venue: Shin-Koiwa Chiku Center, 2nd floor Address: 2-17-1 Shin-Koiwa, Katsushika-ku Phone: 03-3653-7141
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Chiba
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 043-251-0027