Date: Sunday, July 24th, 2016 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Alison Stewart
Exploratory Practice, also known as "inclusive practitioner research" (Allwright & Hanks, 2009), is a set of principles for conducting research on learning with students. Different from "action research", EP places an emphasis on the learners' concerns or "puzzles", or on seeking a better understanding of issues that face the class as a whole. Rather than finding solutions to specific problems, the focus in EP is always on improving "quality of life". In this workshop, participants are introduced to EP through the experiences of three researchers in different teaching contexts, before going on to reflect on and discuss "puzzles" in their own teaching and learning situations.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Institute of Technology Ichi-go-kan 3F, Room 133 (map)
Location: Maebashi City, Gunma Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: