Graded Readers: Reading Extensively Beyond the Classroom
Date: Sunday, February 18th, 2001 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Jeffrey Herman, Oxford University Press
We cover the ins and outs of Extensive Reading using Graded Readers, from initial book selection through student evaluation. For the novice and experienced teacher alike, the presenter provides ideas for how to confidently and creatively supplement any course with an enjoyable and motivating out-of-class reading program.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free (Sponsored by Oxford University Press)
Venue: Nodai Niko High School (Takasaki)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: