Akita International University:
Practical English Teaching Workshop for Junior & Senior High School Teachers
Date: Sunday, August 7th, 2016 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Speaker: AIU EAP & ELT faculty
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to experience practical English teaching pedagogy and gain useful content from Japan's foremost tertiary English language educator, a member of the prestigious Super Global University grouping, Akita International University (AIU). Part of AIU's mission includes helping share its respected expertise with other professionals involved in English language education across Japan. As a result, these workshop sessions will be videotaped using a single stationary camera located in the back of the classroom and this recording will be used as part of AIU's ongoing IT innovation in teaching.
Participants in this free one-day workshop on Sunday August 7th, 2016 will benefit from a series of practical micro-classes involving flexible cutting edge techniques combined with tried and tested materials in the areas of speaking and listening, reading, and writing. Attendees will experience classes specifically tailored for their English teaching reality in junior and senior high school. As a workshop participant, you will experience intensive four skills classes through the eyes of the student and also gain valuable practical knowledge and ideas from experienced ELT professionals. Time will also be given at the end of each session for Q&A and further discussion.
Attendee benefits will include:
- obtaining an excellent portfolio of ready-made materials for your classroom
- gaining exclusive access to an online digital video library of each lesson allowing the review of each session. This will also include digital access to materials used in each lesson.
- receiving a special workshop certificate of completion from AIU.
Limited to 40 participants
Sign up now for this program and feel confident in the knowledge that you are taking the first step in adding AIU's constantly evolving expertise and teaching excellence to your own arsenal of classroom prowess! Act fast as this free workshop, the first of its kind, is limited to the first 40 lucky participants and will undoubtedly be very popular.
Organization: Akita International University
Venue: Akita International University
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita International University
Email QR Code: