(1) Why Teaching Listening is Vital; (2) Flipping the Class Through Literature Circles
Date: Sunday, July 31st, 2016 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Alastair Graham-Marr (ABAX ELT Publishing)
Mr. Graham-Marr will be speaking on two topics at this event, which is being co-produced with ABAX ELT Publishing.
- Why Teaching Listening is Vital
Learners often lack an understanding of how English is actually spoken, impeding comprehension. Japanese learners are often unable to hear words that they know! Presented is a look at how listening should be taught.
- Flipping the Class Through Literature Circles
Flipping the classroom through literature circles is an effective mechanism for maximizing student talking time and giving your students effective study time at home. This presentation reviews the procedures and shows how flipping the class might optimize learning.
For the full abstract for both topics, please see Saitama JALT's website events page.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shimin Kaikan Omiya, Meeting Room 2, Saitama City, Omiya-ku (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: