Doing Action Research: My Project on Teacher Talk and Interactional Strategies and a Brainstorming Workshop for Practitioners
Date: Sunday, September 11th, 2016 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Daniel Hougham (Hiroshima University)
English activities have become compulsory in Japanese elementary schools in recent years and will be allocated more curriculum time in the coming years. One key issue is that many students approach English activities rather reticently. I therefore found myself asking: how can I better support the more reticent students and make sure that all students have a fair and equal chance of participating and succeeding in an enjoyable manner in my classes?
The aims of this presentation/workshop are twofold: (1) to present and discuss the methods and results of an Action Research (AR) project I conducted focusing on teacher talk and interactional strategies and aiming to address the above issue in my Japanese elementary school EFL teaching context, and (2) to work together to identify common problematic situations or issues among workshop participants' particular teaching contexts, and then brainstorm ways of addressing these issues using an AR approach.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Hiroshima YMCA (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: