What EFL Teachers Can Do to Stop the Spread of AIDS in Japan
Date: Sunday, July 14th, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Louise Haynes, Nanzan University
HIV infection rates are rising in Japan. What can teachers do? The topic of HIV/AIDS is one that students are eager to learn about, but teachers often feel it is difficult to talk about such sensitive topics in class. This presentation will give participants the background knowledge and teaching skills they need to be able to raise the issue of HIV/AIDS in their EFL classrooms, in order to help stem the tide of HIV. Participants will be shown how to approach the topic at various levels, using worksheets, videos, songs, games, and the Internet. Free teaching materials will be available.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Omiya JACK 6F (near Omiya Station, west exit)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: