Cengage Learning presents Andy Boon
Date: Sunday, September 25th, 2016 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Andy Boon
Dr. Boon will be speaking on two topics at this event, which is sponsored by Cengage Learning.
- Inspire or Perspire? Getting Students Speaking
This presentation will introduce the audience to a number of strategies that can help break the silence in the Japanese classroom and get students engaging in meaningful communication. Inspire is a listening and speaking course with additional content reading designed to create a richer speaking experience.
- Instruction-giving: Effective Procedural Instructions
Providing students with effective procedural instructions is important for facilitating understanding and encouraging successful learning outcomes in our classes. This presentation examines the communication process between teacher and students during instruction-giving and describes a number of classroom instances where miscommunication took place. After analyzing the nature of these misunderstandings, different methods of issuing task directions in lessons are suggested.
For the full abstract for both topics as well as Dr. Boon's biography, please see Saitama JALT's page for this event.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Betsudokoro Kouminkan, Omiya-shi, Minami-ku (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by: