Positive Psychology in Language Teaching: A mini-conference on happiness in our classrooms
Date: Sunday, November 20th, 2016 Time: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Sarah Mercer (University of Gratz, Austria), Marc Helgesen (Miyagi Gakuin Women's University), Joseph Falout (Nihon University), Tim Murphey (Kanda University of International Studies)
What does Positive Psychology - "the scientific study of how human beings prosper and thrive" - imply about how we learn language? Sendai will play host to a mini-conference including leaders in the field. This is a rare opportunity, so save the date! In addition to the four main speakers, poster sessions may also be added to the program. To propose a topic related to positive psychology, please email Marc Helgesen. Include a description of what you want to do in your poster session.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Venue: Asahigaoka Shimin Center (above Asashigaoka Station on the Nanboku Subway - 11 minutes from Sendai)(map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: