JALT2016 Four Corners Tour: Scaffolding the Writing Process
Date: Tuesday, November 29th, 2016 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Dorothy Zemach
Do your students (or you!) regard "process writing" as a remedial technique designed for struggling writers or low-level language students? This workshop takes participants through all stages of the writing process: brainstorming, organizing, drafting, editing, and rewriting, to demonstrate its usefulness and efficiency for any level of young adult or adult writer (including native speaker). We'll try out a variety of practical and enjoyable classroom activities for each stage. Participants will look at activities that teach students to brainstorm creatively, make outlining easier for visually oriented learners, and set up a peer reviewing process that actually works.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Venue: JR Gifu Station Heartful Square 2F Room 4
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: