Getting Students Researching
Date: Saturday, January 28th, 2017 Time: 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Andy Boon (Toyo Gakuen University)
Project work can be a powerful means of empowering students to take their learning beyond the borders of the classroom, to examine the world outside, to seek answers, and suggest change. This workshop will examine the process of engaging students in semester-long projects from equipping them with the necessary research tools to having them deliver the end-product via various media in the final class. It will also describe students' reactions to the overall learning experience.
Organization: Niigata Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Niigata JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Tokimeito. On the second floor of Plaka 1, outside the south side of Niigata station.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Niigata JALT
Email QR Code: