PUSH Your Lessons Beyond the Classroom
Date: Sunday, January 29th, 2017 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Todd Beuckens (Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University)
This one day training seminar will show participants how to take their lessons from the classroom to the virtual world with ease using various freeware online. The seminar will work through five easy-to-do projects to:
- make an online whiteboard students can access for review and support of lessons, and for autonomous learning
- make digital content in various media forms for offline consumption
- create online communities and become more active in reaching, teaching and connecting students outside of class
- use online tools to make printable products for in-class use
- create an online learning environment or a MOOC (Massive, Open, Online Course).
All the tools are free and geared for people with a range of tech skills from total beginner to advanced user. This seminar applies to all teaching situations and subjects.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free (also free for students/alumni of MUE and its English Education Center)
Non-members: 1000 yen; 500 for students; first-timers free with coupon
Venue: Miyagi University of Education (MUE), Room 230. Free on-site parking available; MUE is a short walk from Aobayama Sta (new Tozai subway line) (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: